News of the day, 8/19
Check below for more Auburn information on the internet's HOTTEST Auburn blog.
Depth charts at PR and KOR seem to be set. Tristan Davis, if you'll recall, is supposed to be the KOR ace but he's out another month with a broken foot. Assistant coach eddie Gran was enthusiastic about how the return teams performed during Sunday's practice - a big change from Saturday.
KOR -- Brad Lester/(Mario Fannin), Walt McFadden/Pat Lee
PR -- Robert Dunn, (Mario Fannin), Chris Slaughter
**Fannin is dealing with a relatively minor groin injury right now.
Auburn began preparations for Kansas State today, which was earlier than expected. Tuberville initially said that stuff would begin on Tuesday. The team broke into a 30-minute period with the scouts today, though. Freshman Kodi Burns and Steven Ensminger were the scout-team quarterbacks. Tuberville was quick to point out that Burns will alternate between the varsity and the scouts. Coaches believe Burns is a good facsimile of KSU quarterback Josh Freeman.
Tuberville said freshman Ryan Pugh will be the second-team center this season. The coach believes Pugh is perhaps the most game-ready freshman the team has. Pugh doesn't get the exposure because starter Jason Bosley is such a respected starter, but it's obvious that the kid has a bright future at Auburn.
Your daily injury report reads like this:
- LB Bo Harris (shoulder) practiced in non-contact capacity -- full speed by Tuesday
- WR Montez Billings (hamstring) missed practice -- due back Tuesday
- OG Byron Isom (knee) missed practice -- due back Tuesday
- WR Tim Hawthorne (ankle) missed practice -- due back late in the week
- FB Carl Stewart (hamstring) missed practice -- due back late in the week
- OG Leon Hart (ankle) missed practice -- out at least 1 week
- QB Neil Caudle (right shoulder) missed practice -- out at least 2 weeks
- FB John Douglas (high ankle sprain) missed practice -- out 2-4 weeks
- TB Tristan Davis (broken foot) missed practice -- out at least 4 weeks
If you have a question, you can email me at: email@example.com