- There you have it, HOTTIES. Third-down converted on a pass from Kodi Burns to Mario Fannin. Did it feel like a luscious birthday present?
- The Backup Quarterback is in. How about that?
- Sen'Derrick Marks already has batted down two balls.
- AUBURN 14, TENNESSEE 6: Tennessee quarterback Jonathan Crompton let go of a hand-off before Arian Foster was ready. Ball hits the grass. Jake Ricks, of all people, plops on the ball as it lay in the end zone. Touchdown. That's three defensive touchdowns for Auburn this year.
- Aren't you surprised to see Eric Smith as the No. 2 back?
- AUBURN 7, TENNESSEE 6: Lincoln hits a 35-yard kick this time. Same deal as before; the Vols go on a yardage binge early in the drive to gain advantageous field possession. Here are the yardages on UT's first four plays: 6 (run), 23 (run), 14 (pass), 11 (run).
- Auburn's defense back in that "third quarter against LSU mode" ... conceding yards by the dozen. It's early in the game; can't claim fatigue here.
- AUBURN 7, TENNESSEE 3: Daniel Lincoln hit a 47-yard kick to get UT on the board. The Vols gained 41 yards during a three-play span early in the drive. That reminded me of how Auburn conceded ground to LSU last week. It ended differently; Tennessee's push was stopped well short of the end zone.
- Five penalties already: Ziemba (hold), Ziemba (offside), Isom (offside), Dunn (hold), Bosley (offside)