- 12/8: Fisher will be in town speaking to the Montgomery Quarterback Club.
- 12/6: Georgia Tech athletic director Dan Radakovich (a candidate for Auburn's AD job in 2004) reveals plans to meet with Tech coach Paul Johnson's representatives in the coming days. The plan: Sweeten Johnson's deal after his name was discussed in connection with Auburn's vacancy.
- 12/6: FSU offensive coordinator Jimbo Fisher provides a lukewarm denial of interest in Auburn, saying: "Auburn has not contacted me or my agent and we have not contacted them," Fisher told ESPN.com. "I'm very happy at Florida State. I'm very content at Florida State and I'm happy to be here."
- 12/5: FSU president T.K. Wetherell says any school aiming to hire offensive coordinator Jimbo Fisher better be ready to pay the coach's $5 million buyout. Fisher's agent: Jimmy Sexton
- 12/5: Auburn requests formal permission to interview U. Buffalo coach Turner Gill.
- 12/5: Ole Miss coach Houston Nutt negotiates an $800,000 raise; not going to AU. Nutt's agent: Jimmy Sexton
- 12/3: Tommy Tuberville resigns. Tuberville's agent: Jimmy Sexton.
UNRELATED UPDATE (@6:30 p.m.): Since it's Coaching Search Time, I'm keeping a closer eye on the Auburn planes. Don Dunn flew over to Greenville, Miss., today to meet with tailback LaDarius Perkins. No word if Turner Gill was involved.
SECOND UNRELATED UPDATE (@8:45 p.m.): Hugh Nall, the Tigers' former offensive line coach, officially is out of football. He has accepted a job as COO of Southern AG Carriers out of Albany, Ga. We wish him a HOT future.