Hey everyone. I'm going to hustle through these. I'm still here at Auburn and I need to get home!
- Ben Tate and Antonio Coleman were selected to participate in the Senior Bowl. That means they're considered two of the better NFL prospects out there and this will give them exposure to NFL scouts.
Asked what he wants to accomplish in Mobile, Tate said: ``Just me as a person, you know, I think I have pretty good character. And also to show them that I'm the No. 1 senior running back in the country."
- A total of eight football players (six current, two former) earned degrees at winter graduation Friday afternoon.
Current players: LB Craig Stevens, S Zac Etheridge, WR John Cubelic, OL Darrell Roseman, WR Tim Hawthorne and holder Clayton Crofoot.
Former players: OL Jeno James, DB Montae Pitts.
Chizik on Pitts: ``I called Montae last summer when I got here and told him, ‘No excuses, no anything, get back into school and graduate.’ And I’m just really, really excited to hear that he did that today. Just proud of him and he wasn’t the only one."
- Chizik said Eric Smith is the only player who ran into academic problems. ``Everyone else is on good academic standing."
- Coleman said he was skeptical about Hot Carter's revelation Wednesday that he plans to remove the "HOT BOY" tattoo from his face. ``I've heard that one before," Coleman said with a laugh. ``I'll believe it when I see it."
- OL Andrew McCain on the players' schedule now that school is out: ``That's kind of a Catch-22 because it's nice not to have to worry about classes, but when we're not in classes they get to keep us up here all day long. So it's good because you get to focus on football and we are up here a lot, so you tend to be worn out at the end of the day."
- LB Joshua Bynes on playing (almost) every snap this season: ``I did it for a season and a half ... so far. I've done it for 20 games straight. I just love being out there. Players are very dependent on me. When I'm on the field, they look for me. When I'm in high spirits and think things are going well, they're going to be in the same situation. They'll look at me. A lot of players look for me to handle that role."