Hey everyone. Gene Chizik just confirmed a few facts.
- He said Eric Smith missed practice while attending some "academic appointments," but remains on the team.
- Mike McNeil, who missed the regular season with leg problems, was back on the field Wednesday. He was in pads. ``I think he’s having fun out there. It’s just good to see him running around out there close to full speed," Chizik said.
- He said Roszell Gayden, the OT from a California junior college, has signed with Auburn. That's four signees today.
- Here's what Chizik had to say about the two junior-college signees: ``We are really excited about what (Gayden) brings to the table. Brandon Mosley is a great athlete that is a huge tight end/offensive line prospect who we think his potential is unlimited. We think he has some great days ahead of him. He’s such a good athlete he can bring a lot to the table as a tight end or an offensive lineman. We really feel like those two junior college signees have really helped our football team."
- Antoine "Hot" Carter said he's planning to remove his face tattoos. His right cheek reads "HOT" while his left cheek reads "BOY." Why is he doing that? Carter said it's bad for business.
- Darvin Adams said he's understated on the field because that's what coaches expect. If they allowed more self-expression? "I'd be dancing like they did in Miami in the old days." Old days == The U circa 1985.