Media Days: KENTUCKY
The coach is Joker Phillips.
- Biggest difference between being Coach In Waiting and the actual head coach: "The hard-core decisions and being responsible for those hard-core decisions."
- He's talking about hiring assistants. Same ol'. He wants recruiters, teachers and guys who "have the juice." He wants passion and enthusiasm.
- On trying to recruit South Carolina, which UK has been doing for a while now: ``Absolutely. We cannot stop going into South Carolina. We have guys from South Carolina, which makes it easier to recruit guys in South Carolina."
- On offense, where it's headed in the college game: ``I see it staying about the same. In the high schools, you're seeing more athletic quarterbacks. There's not as many pro-style guys."
- On Tee Martin as an assistant: "The No. 1 thing is that he understands Facebook."
- He then praised Martin for being able to relate with players quite well considering his age. ``He is not that far removed from winning a national championship."
- "We are the only (SEC) team with a head coach that's undefeated."
- On monitoring his own players' Facebook pages: "We don't want them to put anything out there that's going to embarrass them."
- On what he learned from Rich Brooks: "Best advice was: Don't listen to the noise. It's the media. It's the fan. You just have to go about your business. We do speak periodically. In some of those fishing holes where he is in Oregon, he can't get service."
- "Joker" is not his real name. It's Joe. His grandfather bestowed that name upon Joker.
- That's a wrap.