- Cornerback Jerraud Powers is "doubtful" for the Arkansas game this weekend.
- What is Auburn's offensive identity?: "What we can execute. We're still going to run the spread. When we go to something else (ie Ace formation) and we come back to the spread, it has to work."
- On Bob Petrino's role in Jetgate: "As that time, I was a little confused about what was going on. If there was going to be a change, why not him?"
- On the changes at practice for the offense: "Our offensive side of the ball sounded like the defensive side. We've got to be more demanding at practice. We've got to worry about what we do at practice."
- On players like Rod Smith and Ben Tate being outspoken about their confusion: "The offense is not going to change. Everybody's got to be on the same page. They're disappointed. They got beat by a team we should have beaten, to be honest."
- On quarterbacks: "They make more mistakes than anybody. Sometimes, you overload them. It's a tough transition (to the spread), but I'm sold on it. Our recruits are sold on it."
- On foreshadowing the team's current problems: "I prepared the team for this. I knew there would be growing pains."
- On the Vanderbilt loss: "We should have won that game 13-0, to be honest."
Photo credit: Todd Van Emst/Auburn University
Questions? Comments? Post directly to the blog below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.