The HABOTN Heisman
HEISMAN ARRIVES: My bribe money worked; I again will vote for the Heisman Trophy this season. I have no firm ideas about who deserves this award most. Anecdotal evidence (ie a short chat with Chris Todd yesterday) suggests that Texas quarterback Colt McCoy is the top candidate.
I'll definitely give the HOTTIES a chance to provide some input. This ballot isn't due until Dec. 10, so we have plenty of time to consider dark horses who may not be receiving much mainstream attention.
TODAY'S SCHEDULE: I made a strategic decision to stay home today. That means I will not attend Tuberville's mid-afternoon briefing. I figure it's all downhill after the hour-long chat he held on Tuesday. My parents are coming today. I gotta be prepared for that, too.
SOME INTERESTING NOTES:
- 17 of the last 20 Iron Bowls have been decided by 10 points or less.
- Auburn hasn't conceded a first-quarter touchdown to Alabama since 1996.
- Auburn hasn't conceded a first-quarter offensive touchdown to any team this season.
- Auburn ranks second among FBS teams (out of 119) in rushing touchdowns allowed: 4
- Auburn ranks third among FBS teams (out of 119) in opponent third-down conversion percentage: 27.6%
FOR YOU MUSCHAMP LOVERS OUT THERE:
- His Longhorns rank 110th among FBS teams (out of 119) in pass defense: 266 yards per game
- His Longhorns rank fourth among FBS teams (out of 119) in rushing defense: 82 yards per game.