Now it's time to recognize more greatness.
The HABOTN has seen incredible growth during the past nine months. We cracked the 1,000,000-hit plateau in January and, in my opinion, comments never have been better. It's a credit to all HOTTIES. Some have gone above and beyond HOTTIEDOM, though, and they now move into the Ring of Fire:
- eddie4au: A man with a wealth of practical Auburn information based on his time on the "inside." He provides a level-headed approach to all football discussions. He also likes Disney World.
- Monica: Perhaps the most enthusiastic HOTTIE around, Monica is quick to greet newcomers and adds depth to any discussion -- regardless of how tangential it becomes. An accomplished linker as well.
- Fake Steve Jobs (aka FSJ): The first Alabama fan
indictedinducted into the Ring of Fire, FSJ shows his Crimson support without being heavy-handed. He's reasonable with his words and deeds. His diplomacy has played a key role in the HABOTN emerging as a pocket of rational Auburn discussion.
- AUBigCat: Perhaps the most aptly named HOTTIE, AUBigCat also adds sensibility to athletic discussions. He's always in a good mood. You'll get no angry smack-talk from this Cat. He's here for the fellowship, not the hatin'.
- michael: Perhaps the most misunderstood HOTTIE, michael is (nearly) omnipresent and brings a truly unique perspective to all discussions. I have no idea what he's talking about at times. You have no idea what he's talking about at times. Still, his humorous delivery makes the message delicious all the same.
- barkley for governor: His contributions often are subtle. He's not one for grandstanding, causing a scene or lobbing salvos at The Bad Guys (whomever they may be). Whether it's men's hoops, women's hoops, football, baseball or a hastily called Campfire, bark is there to participate. He's 1991 Horace Grant.
- DennyCrum A most dedicated HOTTIE, Denny Crum shows his support in a variety of subtle ways. He doesn't dabble with rumors and innuendo. DennyCrum wants to talk about what he sees on the field/floor/pool. He wants results. His idealistic approach toward Auburn provides an everyday reminder of how fun it is to be a fan.
- Steve from Columbia (aka Steve FC) SteveFC is the outlier, the uncle you don't understand, the college classmate who rambles in a way that makes you think: No way he's sober. Maybe he is. SteveFC is always good for an unusual theory or idea or rumor. Is he out of his mind? Hell if I know. I'm just glad he shares with us.
- Kristina: Her participation arrives in bursts, but her contributions are unmistakeable. The Zookeeper's willingness to accept playful jabs and respond with mildly harmful zingers has endeared her to dozens. Also founder of the HABOTN Hotties Facebook group.
- Jet (aka Jet G. Ate, Jet Jetarsky) The pride of east Vaughngomery, Jet provides deep insight into all sports issues. He hates Alabama. Still, he doesn't let that deep discontent affect his entire view. Jet's posts are loaded with interesting references that I often miss on first read.
YAY FOR OUR NEW SUPERSTARS!