Tim Tebow is up
- "No, I don't know who did not vote for me."
- "We've had the best off-season we've had since I've been at University of Florida."
- On dealing with the spotlight by coming back to college: "I don't look at it as bad. I look at it as a blessing. I can wear something under my eyes and 90 million people will Google it. I wanted to come back and finish this thing strong."
- On the backlash of so much attention: "You would like to go to a restaurant without reporters or people taking pictures. There's a lot of positive. There have been a lot of great things. There have been a lot of people who have been encouraged to not have an abortion because of the story of my mom. A lot of people have been encourage. I hope the stories have been an encouragement and not a hindrance on anybody."
- On what the NFL people have told him: "They said very kind things. I was very humbled. That wasn't much of my decision factor (to return to school). It's something I looked at because Coach Meyer wanted me to do that. (Going to the NFL early) wasn't enough to give up the University of Florida. I don't know what would have been."
- On not being a unanimous choice for the All-SEC team: "I'm a pretty self-motivated person. I'm not going to run sprints thinking about a coach who didn't vote for me."
- On Meyer's (alleged) new-school style: "If you look at our team, it's not about a dink-and-dunk down the field. We could do three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust stuff. We have the toughness to do that. We take pride in that."
- "Our mindset is not to go undefeated. We're not going to be heart-broken because we have a loss and still win the national championship. We'll take that."
- On not playing Ole Miss this season: "We're not worried about facing Ole Miss or getting revenge or anything like that. We're worried about getting to Atlanta."
- Should we go ahead and give LSU fans your phone number now?: "I know they'll be rowdy and ready to go when we get there."
- Why can Mullen be successful at MSU: "His enthusiasm is going to create more enthusiasm. It'll make them hungry. I'll miss our little traditions. The little Friday games we played before the games. I'll miss that."
THAT'S A WRAP. That concludes Day Two of SEC Media Days.