Hey everyone. That's another practice in the books. Here are the significant things I saw and heard afterward.
- DB Walt McFadden said the factions that undermined the team last season (ie Burns Backers and Todd's Toadies) were still in effect prior to Burns' passionate plea for unity Thursday afternoon.
``It got to the position (in 2008 where) … we were like 'I don't know, man. We can't win it with him.' We know that Chris Todd is the guy so (there's) no: We should have this person, we should have that person. It's Chris Todd."
- McFadden is a big Burns fan and pities the defensive coordinator who must find ways to stop No. 18. That's a near-verbatim summary.
- Gus Malzahn said Burns still will work with quarterbacks in practice at times.
- Malzahn on Chris Todd: ``As a quarterback, he's kind of got that `it' factor -- where he’s got some things that you don't have to coach," Malzahn said. ``It comes natural to him. That' s important and it's probably more savvy than anything. That's what I've been impressed with."
- I didn't get the sense that Burns will be The Solution as Auburn's Wildcat back. The guys Malzahn featured in previous season are fast fast fast. That is not Burns.
- DE Dee Ford is working at linebacker because of depth issues.
- TB Ben Tate said Bo Jackson, former Heisman Trophy winner, told players to make the most of their opportunities now because they don't last long.
- As Nooj reported a while back, the freshman quarterback from Texas is "ty-RICK" Rollison. Malzahn apparently is wrong to call him "ty-REEK."