Auburn 41, West Virginia 30 BY THE NUMBERS
Let's take a look:
- Auburn's offense -- 74 plays, 400 yards.
- West Virginia's offense -- 80 plays, 509 yards.
- Auburn on third down -- 9 of 18
- West Virginia on third down -- 10 of 15
- Chris Todd -- 16-for-31, 284 yards, 4 TDs, 1 INT
- Jarrett Brown -- 18-for-32, 1 TD, 4 INT
- Noel Devine -- 15 carries for 128 yards, 3 TDs. **He's a man**
- Ben Tate -- 19 carries for 75 yards, 0 TDs.
- Onterio McCalebb -- 8 carries for 20 yards, 0 TDs.
- The HABOTN Player of the Game: Darvin Adams. Six catches for 80 yards. Three touchdowns. One of those touchdowns was ridiculous -- the one-handed catch.
- Runner up is Chris Todd. Second runner up is Noel Devine. Third runner up is Craig Stevens. Fourth runner up is Andrew McCain.
- Gene Chizik: ``I wish I had 87,000 game balls because our fans were a huge reason we won that game and I want them all to know that."
- Gene Chizik: ``We weren't tackling well -- that was the deal early in the game. That and the combination that they're really good on offense. The turnovers in the game were the huge momentum-swing differences in the game."
- Gene Chizik: ``What I did like tonight was I did see that our football team -- whatever the circumstances -- against a really good team fight and scratch and claw until the end to win it. I couldn't be more proud."
- Neiko Thorpe on QB Jarrett Brown: ``He is quick. You would think he has something on his jersey the way he keeps slipping away. We just had to keep coming at them."
- Chris Todd: ``Coach (Chizik) always talks about imposters during a game and we had to take them down with our will. We had to react to the situation as we always knew we could come back from the deficit."
- Jake Ricks: ``We had a lot of mistakes, but we finished. We've got to work on eliminating all those missed tackles. We stayed together -- even when they went up 14-0. They got off to an early jump, but we stayed together as a team. Nobody put their head down."