First Post: Friday of Week Three
I still don't get the fascination with Dontae Aycock. I get at least one email per week asking about him even now. He's redshirting. He's not ready to play. He won't play unless someone better than him is injured seriously.
Yes, I think Auburn's coaches made a nice swipe there. Aycock looks like he has talent. He's not going to play. Deal with this now and get on with your season.
I'm only talking to the 100 or so people who still believe this kid is The Second Coming of Adrian Peterson ... or whatever.
Here's the Auburn situation at this moment:
- Grimes gears O-line in right path
- Auburn notebook (includes items on Walter McFadden, WVU coach Bill Stewart, Ryan Pugh and Gus Malzahn III)
- 9/17: Lutzenkirchen may get chance to start
- 9/16: Great Expectations: Auburn's Chizik tries to confine optimism
- 9/14: AU wins only look easy, Chizik says
- 9/13: AUBURN 49, MISSISSIPPI STATE 24: Tigers on the offensive
- 9/12: Auburn, Miss. St. offenses have talent to avoid 3-2 repeat
- 9/11: Thunder and lightning: Auburn's Tate, McCalebb could give Tigers nice 1-2 punch
THE VIDEO VAULT
- 9/15: Tuesday interviews
- 9/13: Sunday interviews
- 9/7: Pre-practice interviews
- 9/1: Pre-practice interviews
- 8/27: Practice report
- 8/25: Practice footage (includes some 11-on-11)
Friday mean walk-throughs and a night in LaGrange, Ga., for Les Tigres. Not much going on. I'll be at the epic Jeff Davis-Lanier game tonight at Cramton Bowl if you'd like to stop by. Maybe JD will win for the first time in almost two years.
Here's what the next few days look like. All times are CDT:
Fri., Sept. 18, OFF
Sat., Sept. 19, vs. West Virginia, 6:45 p.m. (ESPN2)
Sun., Sept. 20, 5 p.m.
Mon., Sept. 21, OFF
Tue., Sept. 22, 4:30 p.m. (Chizik presser at 11:30 a.m.; Players available at 11:50 a.m.)
Wed., Sept. 23, 4:30 p.m.
Thu., Sept. 24, 4:30 p.m.
Fri., Sept. 25, OFF
Sat., Sept. 26, vs. Ball State, 6 p.m. (Fox Sports South)
Also, please pick up the Advertiser's print edition if you live around here! Our fine Auburn coverage is only one element of our award-winning product.