First Post: Monday of Week Three
The first was a question about how Auburn is making things look easy on the field. Chizik's answer to that query became my Monday story. Check it below.
The second was a question from West Virginia about how Chizik overcame his Iowa State struggles. He replied that it was a "long time ago" (less than 10 months) and that he doesn't get validation from the outside world.
He may someday get paid because of that validation he claims to eschew. His contract provides substantial bonuses based on where his team finishes in polls (as judged by "outsiders") and if he wins a major coaching award (as judged by "outsiders"). Outside validation is worth up to $200,000 per year for Gene Chizik.
Chizik may not care about that, but his investment banker may have a different opinion.
Here's the Auburn situation at this moment:
- AU wins only look easy, Chizik says
- Auburn notebook (includes items on Ted Rüf, Philip Lutzenkirchen and Cam Henderson)
- 9/13: AUBURN 49, MISSISSIPPI STATE 24: Tigers on the offensive
- 9/12: Auburn, Miss. St. offenses have talent to avoid 3-2 repeat
- 9/11: Thunder and lightning: Auburn's Tate, McCalebb could give Tigers nice 1-2 punch
- 9/10: Offense works on ways to quicken pace
- 9/9: Herring's return heartens teammates
THE VIDEO VAULT
- 9/13: Sunday interviews
- 9/7: Pre-practice interviews
- 9/1: Pre-practice interviews
- 8/27: Practice report
- 8/25: Practice footage (includes some 11-on-11)
- 8/23: Post-practice report
Auburn is off. I'm lying low. I had a minor problem with my video recorder last night and taped only three short interviews. I wish I had more footage to share.
I hope to have everything corrected for Tuesday's shindig.
Here's what the next few days look like. All times are CDT:
Mon., Sept. 14, OFF
Tue., Sept. 15, 4:30 p.m.(Chizik presser at 11:30 a.m.; Players available at 11:50 a.m.)
Wed., Sept. 16, 4:30 p.m.
Thr., Sept. 17, 4:30 p.m.
Fri., Sept. 18, OFF
Sat., Sept. 19, vs. West Virginia, 6:45 p.m. (ESPN2)
Sun., Sept. 20, 5 p.m.
Also, please pick up the Advertiser's print edition if you live around here! Our fine Auburn coverage is only one element of our award-winning product.
Photo credit: Todd Van Emst/Auburn University