Talking and listening on a Thursday night
a.) Listening to Tiger Talk.
b.) Watching Clemson @ Georgia Tech on the tube. Or LCD. Or plasma.
Please participate in the comments section.
FROM TIGER TALK
- On the week: ``It was business as usual. I'm really proud of the way they practiced."
- On Tiger Walk: ``I was getting in the moment with the fans."
- On Eric Smith's situation: ``Eric Smith will be playing Saturday night. We've moved on. We're proud ot have him back. I assure you that he's a better Auburn man now than he was three weeks ago."
- On assistant coaches continuing to participate in Tiger Walk: "I want them to be a part of the whole thing. That's one of the things that makes Auburn great. They ate that up. They had a great time."
- On handling blowout wins: ``We're never going to run the score up on people. That's not us."
- On Eltoro Freeman's situation: ``We're really hoping he can play Saturday. It's been one of those situations where he has looked close. There's a fine line. We don't want to lose him for another three weeks. We have to have caution."
- On Anthony Gulley: "He's one of those guys we're trying to get prepared week by week. He was a little big-eyed (returning punts). You're going to see him play more and more."
- On getting 556 yards against Louisiana Tech: ``It is exciting. That's where we're starting and we're hoping to build on that every week."
- Chizik said TE Tommy Trott played 77 of the team's 79 snaps last week.
- Auburn is working under the assumption that Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen, the former Florida offensive czar, will run the same schemes he ran at UF and Utah. They're not expecting major tweaks based on Mullen's lack of Utah- and Florida-caliber players.
- On the number of plays Auburn wants to run each week: ``In a perfect world, we run 90 to 95 plays in a game. We want to lead the country. The pace matters."
- On Derek Winter: ``Derek Winter is playing. He played some Saturday -- more in a special-teams role. He was out there."
- On Mario Fannin's running habits: ``He needs to do a little bit better job (of running north-south). He's going to get his touches because he's such a great athlete."
- On Onterio McCalebb: ``I really want to tempter the expectations. I want him to stay humble and keep working. That's how he got where he is. We just have to keep him honest and keep him working."