Media Days: FLORIDA
The coach is Urban Meyer.
- He'll be here ... unless he changes his mind.
- On resigning for one day last year: "Some things that went on behind the scenes that led to that. So regrets? No."
- On someone suggesting that agents be kicked off campus: ``It's one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever heard. They're not on campus. If they are, they're hiding behind bushes."
- "We've reached a point where the size of college football now is really overwhelming. We have to do the right thing."
- On Maurkice Pouncey: He said he learned about the accusation five or six weeks ago. ``I went right to compliance and went right to Maurkice. He said he didn't do it. We stand by Maurkice Pouncey."
- "I have a lot of respect for the new coach at Tennessee. He's a high-character guy. It's nice to see that."
- On the stress of being a college football coach ... in relation to talk that his one-day resignation was related to stress: "The issue was knowing that something was wrong and what was that? That's been solved. The stress of having a health issue has been relieved."
- On the future of the spread offense: ``(Strategy) has a cyclical movement."
- On if the problems that prompted his resignation will reoccur: ``I was in my third year of having some pain that was undiagnosed. It's now diagnosed. I'll just have to maintain a balance that had gotten out of whack. It's a new season. I don't have that same concern."
- On Dan Mullen's allegedly forward demeanor: "I think he just gives very direct answers ... and very intelligent answers."
- On Saban calling agents pimps: ``I'm not sure what else you can call them. I call them predators."
- On possibly cheering when Lane Kiffin's USC program was slapped with NCAA sanctions: ``I'll let the Commissioner speak to that. No comment. Sorry."
- Meyer was smiling while delivering that last quote.
- That's a wrap.