Days to kickoff: 6
HAPPY DR JAMES E "WIN" LYLE IV DAY!!!!
(The following information is copied, with minor modifications, from the Kenny Howard Athletic Fellowship Training web site.
Dr. Win Lyle is a native of Auburn, Alabama, and graduated from Auburn High School and Auburn University. During college, he was the kicker on the Tiger's 1987-1989 SEC. Champion football teams. His honors include 3-time Academic All-SEC, 1987 All-SEC First Team PK, and the winner of the coveted Cliff Hare Award, the highest honor for an Auburn student-athlete. He continued playing football after college professionally with the Phoenix Cardinals and the Birmingham Fire.
Thereafter, Dr. Lyle earned his medical degree from The Chicago Medical School and completed an orthopedic surgical residency at Wright State University School of Medicine. Before becoming a member of our staff, he completed a sports medicine fellowship at The Hughston Clinic. He is now a member of the East Alabama Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Clinic at East Alabama Medical Center.
Dr. Lyle is board certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, a member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, and a member of the Christian Medical & Dental Society. He has been active in orthopedic research and has presented his work at various meetings. He practices general orthopedics with a special interest in arthroscopy and sports medicine.
Dr. Lyle and his wife, Catherine, have two sets of twin boys, John and Andrew and Christopher and James. They also have a daughter, Margaret. In his leisure time, he enjoys golfing, running, softball, and attending Auburn University sporting events
* Lyle led Auburn in scoring in 1987, 1988, & 1989.
* He currently ranks sixth in scoring, second in field goals and third in FG%.
* Fred Smith: Eufaula, Ala.; CB 1991-94; tied for team lead with 4 interceptions as a freshman in 1991.
* Charlie Trotman: Montgomery, Ala.; 1978 & 1979 passing leader; lettered 1977-79. Academic All-SEC 1979. Mr. Trotman is a fine Auburn man and a favorite of Brother Jet.
* Lionel James: Albany, Ga.; RB 1981-83; one of the heroes of the great Auburn team of 1983, an outstanding RB/kick returner in the NFL and a member of the Alabama Sports Hall of Fame. An overachiever on the gridiron despite his diminutive size, Mr. James also overachieved last year with three DUI arrests in less than 4 months.