First Post: Sunday of Week Four
So I wrote about the defense. Yes, Auburn allowed more than 500 yards last night. That's not very good. On the other hand, the Tigers intercepted five passes and recovered a fumble. So the defense took center stage in the fact that a.) their troubles created suspense and b.) their opportunistic work eventually eliminated suspense.
A mixed bag? I'd say so. Auburn defenders should expect plenty of tackling drills this week.
The interesting thing about that is ... many of the missed tackles were by experienced players. I'm not sure what Josh Bynes or Craig Stevens are going to learn by participating in more tackling drills, but I'm sure they'll be participating anyway.
We had great in-game participation last night. Thanks to you all for sharing your gameday with our fine little community.
Here's the Auburn situation at this moment:
- AUBURN 41, WEST VIRGINIA 30: Defense steps up
- COMMENTARY: These Tigers have toughness
- INSIDE THE TIGERS
- Auburn notebook
- 9/18: Grimes gears O-line in right path
- 9/17: Lutzenkirchen may get chance to start
- 9/16: Great Expectations: Auburn's Chizik tries to confine optimism
- 9/14: AU wins only look easy, Chizik says
- 9/13: AUBURN 49, MISSISSIPPI STATE 24: Tigers on the offensive
THE VIDEO VAULT
- 9/15: Tuesday interviews
- 9/13: Sunday interviews
- 9/7: Pre-practice interviews
- 9/1: Pre-practice interviews
- 8/27: Practice report
- 8/25: Practice footage (includes some 11-on-11)
Chizik's teleconference has been delayed until 4:30. It will be held at 4:30 for the rest of the season. I'll post comments as soon as I get back from the powwow. I'll also build a video for evening consumption. That should be live around 8:30 p.m.
Here's what the next few days look like. All times are CDT:
Sun., Sept. 20, 5 p.m.
Mon., Sept. 21, OFF
Tue., Sept. 22, 4:30 p.m. (Chizik presser at 11:30 a.m.; Players available at 11:50 a.m.)
Wed., Sept. 23, 4:30 p.m.
Thu., Sept. 24, 4:30 p.m.
Fri., Sept. 25, OFF
Sat., Sept. 26, vs. Ball State, 6 p.m. (Fox Sports South)
Sun., Sept. 27, 5 p.m.
Also, please pick up the Advertiser's print edition if you live around here! Our fine Auburn coverage is only one element of our award-winning product.
Photo credit: Todd Van Emst/Auburn University