That's a wrap: Auburn wins, 37-13
- Auburn wins, 37-13.
- Auburn outgains La Tech 357-102 during the second half.
- Onterio McCalebb rushes for 148 yards on 22 carries. He's very fast.
- Ben Tate rushes for 117 yards on 20 carries. He's mean between the tackles.
- Auburn rushes for 301 yards total.
- Auburn finishes with 556 yards. That's the highest total since Kentucky 2005 ... aka The Tristan Davis Game.
- Onterrio McCalebb on his approach: "A lot of people say I'm small. It's not about size. It's all about heart. I can do anything I want to. If I get on the edge, I'll go off the edge. If I'm between the tackles, I run between the tackles."
- McCalebb again: ``I was hyped the whole game. I was running around telling people that nobody could touch us. They tried to tackle me and I'm too fast. They'd better do what they can do because I'm coming."
- La Tech DT D'Anthony Smith, a coveted NFL prospect: ``I have to give them credit. It's one of the best offensive lines I have played against in my career."
- La Tech coach Derek Dooley: ``We prepared for it, but the hard part was the big offensive linemen and the two big running backs. Every time you try to hit them, there is no way you can simulate it. It seemed like we were behind the chains every time they handed it off to No. 44."
- Terrell Zachery: ``It was the first game and it took a while for everyone to get back and moving together on game day. I thought in the second half we came together really well and that helped us put the game away."
- Nick Fairley on what Tracy Rocker told him to do: ``Go out and ball. Know where you're going and ball. It's nothing fancy."
- Ted Roof: ``I thought that was a good start for Nick. I thought he showed up and I was most proud of him when he made a mistake, he kept going. He responded the right way. He played hard and played solid and that was a good start for him."
- Gene Chizik on the atmosphere: ``They were there tonight and they were fired up and they fired our football team up. It started from the time we got off the bus to the time we went out for our pre-game warmups and they never let up. They did their job just like they always do."
- Chizik on being nervous: ``I had a little bit of the pregame jitters. I just thought we were really well prepared to be honest with you. I just felt prepared."
Photo credit: Todd Van Emst/Auburn University