Players speak, 10/4
Maybe that had something to do with it.
- TB Ben Tate said he is taking the Tigers' five OL starters (and other selected players like Eric Smith) out to dinner on Monday night. ``I always told them before if I ran for 150 or 200 yards in certain games, but I never got to it. This time I just told them if I hit about the 130 mark that I would take them out to eat."
- The crew won't be dining on haute cuisine. It's Golden Corral night. ``They all like to eat … that’s too much money."
- Ted Roof on the defense's fourth-quarter performance: ``In the fourth quarter, when you start managing the game, which the situation dictates, they moved the ball and scored some points through the air. The last play, that’s something doesn’t leave a great taste in your mouth. You have to go back to work. The good news is all those mistakes are correctable, and we’ve got to get them eliminated before we go to Arkansas."
- LB Adam Herring, who played high-school ball in Fayetteville, on his return to Arkansas: ``That period of my life, it was half my sophomore year and my junior and senior year of high school. So that's where I really developed some friendships and graduated from high school there. It's a big part of my home. I've moved around quite a bit, but I was there two-and-a-half years."
- Kodi Burns on the rankings: ``I had no idea that we're ranked. We just really weren't getting that much respect. That's something that we've all realized on this team and something that we all really stopped worrying about it. We leave it up to those guys who make those decisions. We just go out there and play football, and we're 5-0 at this point and hopefully we'll be 6-0 next week."