Furman @ Auburn, 1st half
Um. Yeah. That's on me.
It's Furman week. So what?
There are no significant roster changes to report. It's a beautiful day here at Jordan-Hare -- sunny, 70ish, not much wind. Sorry you're not here.
- Auburn first possession: TOUCHDOWN. Darvin Adams 6 pass from Chris Todd. Drive covered 50 yards in six plays. No penalties. Big play was a 26-yard pass to Tommy Trott down the middle. There were four Furman defenders right there. I have no idea how that ball got through. Fannin returned the opening kickoff to the 50.
- AUBURN 7, FURMAN 0
- Furman first possession: FIELD GOAL. 23 yards. Drive covered 51 yards in 12 plays. Three of them were runs. It's quick passing, crossing routes, quick throws into the flats. Over and over.
- AUBURN 7, FURMAN 3
- Auburn second possession: TOUCHDOWN. Ben Tate 9 run. Drive covered 80 yards in 8 plays. Todd completed three consecutive passes -- to Eric Smith (3), Smith (10) and D. Adams (20). Then he gained 12 yards on an option keeper. Not too shabby.
- AUBURN 14, FURMAN 3
- Furman second possession: Three-and-out.
- Auburn third possession: TOUCHDOWN. Mario Fannin 24 pass from Todd. Drive covered 73 yards in 5 plays. Tigers finish the drive with two long passes -- one to Darvin Adams (21 yards) and then the throw to Fannin.
- AUBURN 21, FURMAN 3
- Furman third possession: Three-and-out.
- Auburn fourth possession: TOUCHDOWN. Darvin Adams 23 pass from Chris Todd. Drive covered 55 yards in 4 plays. Two big plays -- a 30-yard run from Fannin and the scoring pass to Adams. It's gettin' ugly.
- AUBURN 28, FURMAN 3
- Furman fourth possession: Three-and-out.
- Auburn fifth possession: TOUCHDOWN. Darvin Adams 41 pass from Chris Todd. Drive covered 71 yards in 6 plays. Auburn now has 345 yards of offense and Todd is 12-for-12.
- AUBURN 35, FURMAN 3
- Furman fifth possession: I'm not paying attention to Furman possessions anymore.
- Auburn sixth possession: Finally a Furman stop! Auburn's drive dissolved at the AU 32. Todd had his consecutive completion streak ended at 14. Kodi Burns dropped a pass.
- Auburn seventh possession: TOUCHDOWN. Ben Tate 5 run. Drive covered 56 yards in 5 plays. It's not even competitive.
- AUBURN 42, FURMAN 3