Gene Chizik speaks ... briefly
Here is an overview ...
- On the game: ``There were some field-position issues that I wish we would have capitalized on more than we did. We had some chances in the second half that I wish we would have been able to capitalize on. Field-position issues at the end of the day, with special teams and things of that nature, that cost us some points."
- On what Auburn will do between now and the bowl announcement: ``We'll really focus on academic world, not that we don't usually, and we're going to give our guys some time to heal up. They're beat up and bruised up. Guys were playing with all kinds of injuries. We'll give them an opportunity for their bodies to heal."
- On his decision to play Drew Cole, who may have been eligible for a medical redshirt, against Alabama: ``We wanted to make sure that we played anybody and everybody that we thought could help us win that game ... that made sense. He's been getting healthier."
- On his role in bowl selection: ``I'm worried about recruiting -- that's what I'm worried about right now. We're hitting the road asap."
- He said recruits who attended the game, who still are on campus at this hour, were enthralled with the atmosphere.