WRAPPIN' IT UP: Auburn @ Georgia
Auburn had control and lost it. So it goes.
Here are some stats and quotes that may interest you:
- THIRD DOWNS: Auburn (5-of-13); Georgia (5-of-11)
- Auburn and Georgia both had 38 carries. Auburn gained 115 yards. Georgia gained 169 yards.
- Demond Washington set a school record with 202 KOR yards.
- Auburn held the ball for 10:59 in the first quarter and finished with 29:13 in all. Yowsers.
- Ben Tate on the loss: `` If I had a $1 million in my bank account I would of bet $1 million that we would come down here and win this game. You couldn’t convince me we weren’t going to come out and beat these boys."
- Tate finished with 67 yards on 20 carries.
- Tate on his game: ``I didn’t play great. I didn’t play good at all, probably the worst game I’ve played all year. And we lose the game and I finish my career 0-4 against Georgia."
- Gene Chizik on the game: ``I am very proud of our team. We just kept coming at them and coming back after jumping off to the quick start and Georgia came firing back. This one is a tough one to handle tonight."
- Chizik on finally getting an off week: ``Our guys have been going for 15 straight weeks, close to four months non-stop. We have to stay smart on how to give rest and still stay sharp for Alabama. We need to be smart about it and that is something that we'll look into tomorrow. They are going to take a few days off -- and we need that."
- Gus Malzahn on Chris Todd's first interception: ``He got hit."
- Malzahn on Todd's second interception: ``It was just a miscommunication."
- Malzahn on Onterio McCalebb, who gained 60 yards on 11 carries: ``He did a good job. He’s still not 100 percent. He provided a little spark to us."
Photo credit: Todd Van Emst/Auburn University
Questions? Comments? Post directly to the blog below or email me at email@example.com.