Tuberville speaks, 10/28
- On Ole Miss: "They were left with a lot of good players. This is basically the same team we've played the past two years. You can tell they're a much-improved team."
- On kickers: "Everybody but Clinton Durst made their field goals today. We probably won't make a decision on that until game time."
- 1s on 1s: For the rest of the season, we'll go (1s on 1s) for at least 40 minutes per day. We're doing a lot of things to finding the key to putting four quarters together."
- On OLs: "One thing we'd like to do is play a few more guys. When you have injuries and you're playing more guys, you're going to run out of juice."
- On Bosley back at C: "He had a little bit more experience with that. I thought it was a good move at the time."
- On kickers again: "Wesley is a muscle guy. He's trying to get a little mroe technique-sound. Consistency has been his problem. Clinton and Hull -- they're more technique-oriented."
- Confidence?: They were excited about playing last week, as they've been the weeks before. The bottom line is that we haven't executed well. We haven't changed that much in terms of what we're doing. In the long run, it has a little bit to do with depth."
- Struggling: "We're better than we were three weeks ago. We need to get better every day in practice. That's what we can handle. We take it in stride and worry about what we can control."
- What's wrong with the offense: "We don't have a broad range of offense in right now for Kodi. We have enough in to get the ball down the field consistently. It comes down to Kodi being able to make those reads."
- Opposing tailbacks > Auburn: "That's really disappointing. Their speed and quickness, we obviously didn't match up with them very well. You have to give them credit for what they did. We didn't get confused. Execution wasn't where it needed to be."
- Did your team quit?: "We haven't quit yet and we never have quit. Our guys have a lot of pride. Fatigue is a factor in there. People are just looking for excuses. We have no excuse."
- On Burns' game at WVU: "He didn't do anything fancy in the passing game. He made some throws. He's going to be a good quarterback. We've got to give him some help. It goes to the kicking game. It goes to the defense. Sunday was probably his best practice. He's showing a lot of improvement."
- Heaters?: "I knew we had ordered them. I wasn't thinking about that. It wasn't cold enough. When you have players running up and down the field, heat is the last thing you need. That didn't cause us to lose the game, by the way."
- Offense: "I think the offense is doing a good job considering we've been running this stuff for three weeks."
- Jerraud Powers and Neiko Thorpe: "They were out there. We'll see how it goes."
- Prepare for next year: "Nah. There's always a build process. When we were 13-0, we had a lot of young guys in practice. There's never a rebuilding year. We have so many freshmen playing. We'd like to cut back on that."
- On Enrique Davis: "He'll have to wait his time, but I'm sure he'll have a an opportunity to play this week. I haven't seen a lot of him with (Cordera Eason) in there."
END OF PRESS CONFERENCE