Sen'Derrick Marks speaks, 12/30
The upside: I have talked with Sen'Derrick. So let's get to business.
- How did you come to this decision?: "I've been thinking about it for a while. I probably figured it out during the past few days after going back and forth about it."
- So what was the determining factor?: "I don't want to say playing college football is easy ... because it isn't. I get ready just like everyone else, but I knew that I had gotten pretty good playing college ball. I just realized that I'm ready for that next challege -- to play on that next level."
- You making this decision just after Gene Chizik was hired makes it look like maybe you don't like him. What about that?: "I'm not much into believing you stay because of this coach or you leave because of this coach. I don't really know Coach Chizik, but that doesn't matter. Football is football to me. I'm leaving because I feel like I'm ready. It's the next thing for me to do."
- So what did the NFL tell you?: "I actually haven't heard from them yet."
- So you're going into this basically blind?: "I've got a good feeling about it. I think people know who I am."
- Are you going to graduate?: "I probably can't get that right now. I'm definitely going to graduate. I promised Kenny -- that's what I call (my dad) -- that I'd get that degree. I changed majors three semesters ago and I lost some credits. I'm still a year away."