Hey everyone. Auburn is in the midst of a two-hour practice. Beat hacks were allowed to watch approximately 30 minutes. Here are the things I noticed:
- Eltoro Freeman was working exclusively at weak-side linebacker. That's a change. He had been working exclusively behind Craig Stevens on the strong side and some of you marveled that Spencer Pybus was in position to start at WLB. Might wanna adjust those depth charts.
- DE Hot Carter was helped off the field with what appeared to be a lower-leg injury. I can't judge the severity of that injury.
- TB/WR Mario Fannin was out there. That's the first time I've seen him participating since getting that protective boot last weekend.
- WR Philip Pierre-Louis was running routes and cutting, but he cannot jump at all. Assistant coach Trooper Taylor seemed dismayed after PPL failed to reach a ball that seemed within his grasp, saying: "Give me a receiver with arms longer than six inches."
PPL responded: "I still can't jump, Coach."
- TB Onterio McCalebb's jersey reads "McCaleb" ... I don't know if that's a jersey space issue or what.
- K Chandler Brooks is still wearing the yellow shoes.
- S Marcus Jemison, who blew out his knee in two-a-days, may have moved to linebacker. I saw him running there today. I'll see if that's a permanent thing.