Thursday night LIVE
CURRENT SCORE (game is on ESPN HD)
OLE MISS - 10
SOUTH CAROLINA - 16
TIGER TALK TIDBITS
- They're babbling.
- Shannon from Hamilton wants to know why Auburn didn't tackle well last week. He thinks "we lost some of our fundamentals". Question drags on and on and on. ASK A QUESTION: ``We were very disappointed in that. You could make excuses. We didn't tackle well. That's the bottom line. We sat down and really revisited what we can do. It was glaring to everybody. There is a lot we can do to get better at that ... and we will."
- Gene and Rod are eating steak now. Exciting. "It looks delicious," Rod reports. You come to the HABOTN for hard-hitting journalism. I provide.
- Brian once took a bowling class and Auburn players were nice. No question asked. Oh well.
- Chizik on the fans: ``It shows you way when people come to Auburn for an event, they leave saying: `It's like no place I've ever been.'"
- Frank from Auburn wants to know why Chris Todd splits out wide on Wildcat: ``You're putting two quarterbacks in the game. No one really knows which (formation) you're really going to be in. It gives the defense a catch-me-if-you-can mentality. We feel really good about having that either-or situation on the field."
- Mike wants to know what effect Trooper Taylor's enthusiasm has on the ballclub: ``It's a definite advantage for us. People look at you and how you're acting -- when things are good or bad."
(J.Kev called and interrupted. Sorry.)
- Karen from Auburn wants to know about Gabe McKenzie: "Everything's great. He's playing a little bit of defense right now. We taught him a little bit in bits and pieces. We're thin on offense at some positions. We're trying to pick and choose, with a lot of discernment, what he can and can't handle. We have to be very particular about who we can move and if they can handle it."
- On Tommy Trott: ``He's played so much football, during the week he's like one of those NFL guys. You can practice him but you have to be careful about how much. The main thing is you want him healthy."
- On Hot Carter: ``He's almost in the same boat Timmy Hawthorne was in last week. We're trying to get him going in practice and giving him some reps. We'll see how that goes."
- Beth in Auburn wants to know why Auburn isn't ranked: ``That's a good question. We don't spend a lot of energy on things we can't control. All that other stuff takes care of itself."
- Bo in Moody wants to know why Blake and Benton aren't playing: ``It's been a learning process for them. There have been some nagging nicks and bruises. Certainly as we get into the meat of the SEC schedule, we're hoping they'll be able to play more for us."
- M.M. from Scottsboro wants to know about the Todd-Burns relationship: ``It's really good and it's permeating through the whole team. Going back to two-a-days and we had to name a starter and that whole thing unfolded, it was a great event that happened. That's told a lot to ... not just the people out there, but to their teammates. Everything with them is great."
- Chris in Birmingham wants to know about the future of the OL: ``We know where we're at right now. It's a point of contention with the depth issues after the first five. We've got our sights on ... probably around five (signees). It's really how many juniors you have. We've got to go out and five five great offensive linemen who can come in here and play."
- Tough to find good OL recruits?: ``It's almost beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You can't just put on the film and see them catch the ball and say: `He's way faster than everybody.' It's gets hairy."
- Stephen, a season ticket holder, wants to know about a missed holding call against WVU and why Auburn doesn't wear ALL ORANGE for the Ole Miss game: ``I don't know about the orange uniforms. We'll have to wait and see on that. You can't control the officiating. We should have tackled him and gotten him down, but we didn't."
- On why Chizik thinks this winless Ball State is awesome: ``"We're not good enough to overlook anybody. That's not where we're at. It's going to be a fight for us. Offensively, I'd like to see us have some consistency in moving the ball. When the tempo of the game takes over, you can wear them out."
- That's a wrap.