First Post: Tuesday of Week Eight
Us newspaper hacks work several days ahead on some stories. Those of you who get the print edition of the Advertiser know about our Saturday GameDay section, which includes a prediction from moi.
That's due on Monday. Wanna know who I picked? I took Auburn. Here's why: LSU's set of statistics are ugly as can be (how can an SEC offense generate fewer yards than Vanderbilt?) and seem out of line for a team in the top 10. That bubble is going to burst soon. I think Auburn's offense will score 24 and the defense will concede 21.
Am I crazy? Maybe. I just think Auburn will click again at some point. I'm picking this weekend.
As Chizik would say, it'll be a day by day thing. Sometimes Auburn will be pretty good. Sometimes it'll be a mess. It's difficult to predict which team will appear each Friday.
Here's the Auburn situation at this moment:
- 10/19: Tigers try to regroup
- 10/18: KENTUCKY 21, AUBURN 14
- 10/16: AU offensive attack must mix execution, evolution
- 10/14: Coleman clears the air
- 10/13: Our weekly AUBURN ADVISORY BOARD report (fans writing about their team.)
- 10/12: Auburn's Coleman looks for ways to contribute
- 10/11: ARKANSAS 44, AUBURN 23
- 10/9: Focus on offense's fast pace pays off
- 10/8: AU junior makes most out of first start
THE VIDEO VAULT
- 10/13: Tuesday interviews
- 10/6: Tuesday interviews
- 9/30: BONUS Wednesday interviews
- 9/27: Sunday interviews
We'll have BLAWGIN FOR YOUR NOGGIN around 11:25 p.m. That's when we relay almost everything Gene Chizik says at his 11:30 a.m. presser. Some players are available after that. Not many. Most players -- and Gustav Malzahn -- are available after practice. So we'll add a practice report and a video around 9 or 10.
Here's what the next few days look like. All times are CDT:
Tue., Oct. 20, 4:30 p.m. (Chizik presser at 11:30 a.m.; some players available around noon.)
Wed., Oct. 21, 4:30 p.m.
Thu., Oct. 22, 4:30 p.m. (Tiger Talk @ 7 p.m.)
Fri., Oct. 23, Flying to Baton Rouge, 1 p.m.
Sat., Oct. 24, 6:30 p.m. vs. LSU, ESPN2
Also, please pick up the Advertiser's print edition if you live around here! Our fine Auburn coverage is only one element of our award-winning product.