DAY ONE: Wrappin' it up
I'm glad you asked.
- Nick Saban referring to predatory agents as "pimps."
- Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen responding to indirect criticism from Saban about the spread offense (favored by MSU) not helping players develop NFL skills. ``I've coached the spread offense and I've had a lot more first-round quarterbacks drafted than he has in his career as head coach."
- Commissioner Mike Slive discussing new Tennessee coach Derek Dooley and noting that his "predecessor left to return to his western roots." It was a humorous, though diluted, shot at Lane Kiffin.
- Florida coach Urban Meyer also taking an indirect shot at Kiffin by praising Dooley as a "high-character" guy ... and how that's a "nice change."
- Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen saying he'd be happy to expand Scott Field ... as soon as they generate enough fan support to fill the current capacity.
- Florida offensive lineman Mike Pouncey, whose brother allegedly took a payment after the SEC Championship game last year, saying the allegation "ruined someone's name" and seemed sullen about the whole thing.