Media Days: OFFICIATING
He's the coordinator of officials.
- We'll soon learn what the points of emphasis are this season.
- He looks just like Hal Baird. It's uncanny.
- The NCAA has gone to a two-year, rule-change process. It takes two years now. (ie rules are changed/adjusted in odd years only)
- This is the "off" year, so there are no rule changes to discuss.
- However, changes can be made if player safety is at stake.
- It is now illegal to form a three-man wedge to block for the kick returner on a kickoff. We're talking about wedge guys being shoulder-to-shoulder and within two yards of each other.
- It's a 15-yard penalty (from the spot of the foul).
- "What we're telling coaches is: Get that third man out of there."
- Players who are injured in a game and the game is stopped for the injury, cannot return until medical personnel clear him.
- The replay booth is now using an HD feed.