Practice report, 8/14 (video included)
- Auburn's practice was pretty short today; 90 minutes or so. They were in shorts and shoulder pads. There was no contact. They worked on field goals and position-specific drills. The offense ran their offense at a frenetic pace at the end of practice. Defenders were on the next field over. It was just Tony Franklin relaying signals and the team running 'em quickly. It's called "NASCAR" in Franklin lingo.
- Coach Tommy Tuberville said he still hasn't received a full academic report from the final summer semester. ``What happens is, a lot of these professors get their grades done and they don't send them all in. You know, they go on vacation or whatever, because it's between (semesters) and they don't get posted. We're not allowed to call or do anything like that. We're at the mercy of information coming to us as it comes."
- Practices will be closed to fans and media from here on out. ``We'll hopefully have a little bit of an advantage going into the season with two new coordinators and people not knowing what we're doing. We've been pretty basic to this point."
- DT Tez Doolittle was moving better than I've seen him this fall.
- DE Raven Gray was not moving well.
- Players are really happy to be leaving the intramural fields for the official football fields tomorrow. DT Sen'Derrick Marks said he feels like an old man every time he practices on the concrete-like surface on the intramural fields. ``Every day, you get shin splits or you leave with tendinitis. It's either or. The groud is so hard."
Enjoy these videos.