Hey everyone. Practice has ended. Here's what we learned.
- K Wes Byrum said he's No. 1 on the depth chart. I doubt anyone here is surprised.
- Byrum said he's made a mechanical adjustment (not swinging his arm across his body so violently) that has helped him improve accuracy and distance.
- Byrum, based on a suggestion from former K John Vaughn, kicked at Arena League uprights this summer. They are more narrow that standard uprights. Byrum feels like that helped him significantly as well.
- OL Aubrey Phillips, who missed practice yesterday with an unspecified medical problem, returned on Sunday. He participated in some drills.
- Auburn didn't go in full pads today, though it was welcome to do so. Gene Chizik said his team's lack of depth is prompting him to change plans.
- Auburn will hold its first two-a-day on Monday. "At least one of those will be in pads," Chizik said.
- WR Montez Billings said he missed spring ball because of "academic issues or whatever." The plot thickened when Billings said he graduated in May, "so everything will be alright." Then Billings said the issue is still ongoing ... even though he has completed his undergraduate coursework. ``I'm not sure exactly."
- If that made no sense to you, join the club. Just not in the tub.