First Post: Wednesday of Week One
That makes me happy.
Yesterday was a somewhat interesting day, all in all. We've been talking about all these youngsters Auburn will play this season, but things look different when you see them on an official depth chart. Gene Chizik had no problem discussing his team's relative inexperience -- a Tommy Tuberville staple -- but then insisted youth isn't an excuse for poor play. That wasn't a Tuberville staple.
Dee Ford as a backup DE is astounding to me. He's 220 pounds at best. That might work until Auburn plays Tennessee. Then Ford's health must be considered. He looks like a wideout to me.
We're still aiming to Campfire® on Thursday. Two shindigs; one around 3 CDT and one around 8 CDT.
Here's the Auburn situation at this moment:
- 8/31: Countdown nearly over for eager Tigers
- 8/30: Auburn's Malzahn makes a balanced spread
- 8/29: Tigers revel in revival of Todd's arm
- 8/28: Billings suspended for Tigers' first four games
- 8/27: Freshman Sullen ready to seize chance to start
- 8/26: Burns shows drive in new role
- 8/25: Auburn's Eguae eager to learn, succeed
- 8/24: Auburn receivers expected to play big role
THE VIDEO VAULT
- 9/1: Pre-practice interviews
- 8/27: Practice report
- 8/25: Practice footage (includes some 11-on-11)
- 8/23: Post-practice report
- 8/22: Post-scrimmage report
- 8/19: Practice footage
- 8/18: Post-practice interviews
- 8/15: Post-scrimmage interviews
- 8/14: Fallout from the Todd Decision and practice bloopers
- 8/14: Todd and Burns discuss The Decision
- 8/13: Burns debuts at WR
- 8/12: Video interviews
- 8/11: Gene Chizik speaks
- 8/10: Video interviews
- 8/9: BONUS video practice report
- 8/7: Video practice report
- 8/6: Practice report
- 8/5: Post-practice report
- 8/5: Practice report
- 8/4: Reporting day coverage
Auburn will practice this afternoon, though I am not planning to attend. Players are off-limits after Tuesdays during the season, which means Wednesdays are useful only for getting assistant coaches not named Malzahn or Roof. I don't need them at the moment.
So it could be a pretty sedate afternoon here at the HABOTN. Thursday, with its two campfires and possibly a Tiger Talk run-down, will be more hoppin'.
Here's what the next few days look like:
Wed., Sept. 2, 4:30 p.m.
Thu., Sept. 3, 4:30 p.m. (no media availability)
Fri., Sept. 4, OFF
Sat., Sept. 5, vs. Louisiana Tech, 6 p.m. CDT
Sun., Sept. 6, 6 p.m.
Mon., Sept. 7, OFF
Tue., Sept. 8, 4:30 p.m. (Chizik presser at 11:30 a.m. CDT)
Wed., Sept. 9, 4:30 p.m. (Wifey's birthday; Beatles Rock Band is released)
Also, please pick up the Advertiser's print edition if you live around here! Our fine Auburn coverage is only one element of our award-winning product.