BONUS BLOGGIN: Jeff Lebo speaks
- He noted that Auburn's opening-day oppponent, Niagara, was a really good team last year.
- He feels "very strongly" about Dewayne Reed being "one of the best point guards in the league."
- On F Lucas Hargrove: "He strong enought, tough enough, to guard inside now. They can't move him. It's been fun to watch his body transform. I don't see him playing any center, but I see him playing some at small forward and some at power forward."
- C Johnnie Lett is still dealing with the ankle injury that undermined his 2008-09 season. Seriously. Same injury.
- On freshmen: ``We've got four freshmen. Defensively, Earnest Ross and Andre Malone are ready. They can shoot the ball on the catch. They need to work on the dribble. Kenny Gabriel -- he's skinny at 6-8, but he can shoot. He's got to get stronger. Inside guys, Chubb and Armstrong, they'll get better as the season goes on. Chubb (who is 6-9) can really move and really run. They're both physical guys. If you walk them through the airport, we look like an SEC team this season. I hope we play like one."
- On G Frankie Sullivan: ``He goes so fast. We're trying to gear him down and play more under control. We're obviously going to play him a lot."
- Lebo wouldn't commit to Sullivan being a starter.
- On F Brendan Knox: ``He's got to do a better job of staying away from foul problems."