First post: Friday of Week Six
My journey sucked, but I want to give Delta/Northwest some propers. After our second attempt to land in Tulsa failed and we were forced to fly back to Memphis, they easily could have washed their hands of it. Instead, they refueled the plane, summoned a new crew and we made a third (and ultimately successful) approach into Tulsa. To avoid that storm, though, we flew all the way to Kansas City and back down into Tulsa.
What normally is a 45-minute flight became a nearly two-hour flight, but we made it. Big love to Delta/Northwest for that.
Here's the Auburn situation at this moment:
- 10/8: AU junior makes most out of first start
- 10/7: Small AU safety has big impact
- 10/6: Our weekly AUBURN ADVISORY BOARD report (fans writing about their team.)
- 10/5: Tigers vault into Top 25 polls
- 10/4: AUBURN 26, TENNESSEE 22
- 10/2: What Would Chizik Do? Rally his team around slogan
- 10/1: Tennessee game a homecoming for Taylor
- 9/30:Tigers not worried about poll perception
- 9/29: Our weekly AUBURN ADVISORY BOARD report (fans writing about their team.)>
THE VIDEO VAULT
Auburn is flying to Fayetteville, Ark., today. That trek will begin at the Montgomery airport. The team will stay in Springdale, located approximately 10 miles north of Fayetteville. I am chillin' in Tulsa with my peeps, going to a football game at my old high school (Holland Hall Prep) and kickin' it with my boy Woodhead alongside the gridiron. I'm pretty geeked.
Saturday's situation: I'm leaving Tulsa around 6:30 a.m. for the two-hour drive to Fayetteville. Traffic can get gnarly over there, so my goal is to walk into the press box around 10 a.m.
Here's what the next few days look like. All times are CDT:
Fri., Oct. 9, flying to Arkansas via Montgomery Regional Airport
Sat., Oct. 10, at Arkansas, 11 a.m. (ESPN)
Sun., Oct. 11, 4:30 p.m.
Mon., Oct. 12, OFF
Tue., Oct. 13, 4:30 p.m. (Chizik presser at 11:30 a.m.; some players available between 1 and 2 p.m.)
Wed., Oct. 14, 4:30 p.m.
Thu., Oct. 15, 4:30 p.m. (Tiger Talk at 7 p.m.)
Fri., Oct. 16, OFF
Sat., Oct. 17, vs. Kentucky, 6:30 p.m. (ESPNU)
Also, please pick up the Advertiser's print edition if you live around here! Our fine Auburn coverage is only one element of our award-winning product.