Late updates, 10/27
- He took the Arkansas week off at Gene Chizik's behest.
- He had grown increasingly frustrated by falling short of expectations -- from both internal and external sources.
- ``I felt like I was letting myself down, my fans down, my teammates
down. They were really looking forward to me coming in and making an
impact and I felt like I wasn't doing that. That was just really
frustrating for me."
- On when he realized things were getting away from him: ``After the games watching film. When I'd go back and watch film, I'd say: That's not me at all. I can't even explain it. Things just weren't clicking for me."
- That frustration sapped his love for the game.
- The week off invigorated his exuberance.
- On if he thought about leaving: ``I didn't even think about leaving. The program's too great to leave. We have great coaches. Great players. Everybody's great. Coach Chizik saw that I was really down. I was down coming to practice. I wasn't the same Eltoro. He told me to take a break, relax, regroup. That's what I did."
- Walt McFadden is super tight with Patrick Trahan, the former Auburn linebacker who now plays at Ole Miss.
- They were supposed to be roommates in 2008 and McFadden was complaining (with a smile) that Trahan stuck him with some extra rent after electing to leave. Trahan apparently didn't discuss his decision to leave with McFadden.
- ``Actually, I'm still pretty upset with that because he left me with all the rent. And I had to pay a fine for that. Hopefully, I can try to get that back this weekend."
- McFadden, asked about the circumstances surrounding Trahan's departure from Auburn, provided an interesting answer: ``He hates that he had to leave. He made a big mistake trying to lie his way out of things."
- Hot Carter and McFadden have been friends since they were school-agers. Their dads worked together and remain close friends to this day.
Photo credit: Todd Van Emst/Auburn University
Questions? Comments? Post directly to the blog below or email me at email@example.com.