Nell Fortner speaks
- Reneisha "ReRe" Hobbs has torn an ACL and is out for the season. She was projected starter at SF.
- Morgan Jennings, the projected starter at PG, tore her ACL this summer and is out until at least January.
- Morgan Tolles, the team's most-hyped freshman, will have to start at PG.
- On how the injuries change the team's identity: ``We're still going to run as much as we can. We're going to have more of an inside presence. We'll have that opportunity this year. We'll still push the ball. We'll never get away from that totally."
- On getting PF/C Jordan Greenleaf back from an ACL injury: "We missed her last year. She's such a smart player. She just has a presence about her."
- On her expectation for Morgan Tolles: "To be as solid of a point guard as she can bem, not turn the ball over and run the team. We'll have to go through the experience of being a point guard at this level. She is a highly fit player. As long as she can progress, she'll see a lot of minutes on the floor."
- She believes Mississippi State is the SEC's team to beat this season.
- "You're looking at a team that's ready to prove themselves. Practice have been ... they've been going to incredibly hard. We've progressed quickly, but we still have a lot of inexperience on the floor. This is the hardest-working team I've had here at Auburn."
Photo credit: Todd Van Emst/Auburn University
Questions? Comments? Post directly to the blog below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.