WRAPPIN IT UP: LSU wins, 31-10
Man, I wonder if we're all on the same planet sometimes.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- Auburn had 193 yards of offense. Yes. I also thought it was more like 100.
- Auburn ran 61 plays.
- Wideouts caught two passes.
- Auburn allowed four sacks.
- LB Eltoro Freeman, back on defense for the first time in three weeks, finished with 12 tackles. Not too shabby.
- Chris Todd in 3+ quarters of play: 8-14, 47 yards, 1 INT
- Neil Caudle in >1 quarter of play: 3-5, 34 yards, 1 TD
- Joshua Bynes on Freeman: ``Eltoro did what he was supposed to do out there tonight. He had great execution. He was taking one play at a time. He was doing exactly what we asked of him."
- Gus Malzahn on the situation: ``You get confidence by doing things right and making plays. I still think this offense is capable of being very good. We just have to find a way to correct the mistakes and make some plays to give us momentum."
- Malzahn on Chris Todd: ``Tough night. We’ll look at the film, look at everybody and see what happens."
- Malzahn on Neil Caudle: ``I thought he did a solid job. It’s tough for a quarterback to come in that situation."
- Walt McFadden on the team's psyche: ``We’ve just got to keep communicating, keep fighting and don’t put our heads down. We’ve got to let everybody know we’re here and we’re going to keep playing hard every game."
- McFadden on what Chizik said afterward: ``He basically told us what it was. He kept it real with us. That team came out and they gave us their all. They whooped our butts. They’re a great team. We have to learn from our mistakes and try to make sure it doesn’t happen next week."