State of the HABOTN
Here's our first-ever State of the HABOTN address.
- I can't believe how faithful you all have been through the offseason. June 2009 visits were up 3,000% over June 2008, which is just nutty.
- We've had 1.7 million pageviews since Media Days 2008.
- The biggest traffic days in HABOTN history came on 12/3/08 (Tuberville resignation) and 2/4/09 (Signing Day). Interestingly, those two events drew almost the exactly same number of visitors: 23,098 and 24,193.
- HABOTN videos dominate. I don't track video views very closely, but those numbers easily set the Advertiser's pace. I like that.
- We added 10 members to the Ring of Fire. Each of them are adored and loved with a vigor rarely seen since the 1820s.
So what's next?
- Just today, I received a brand-new copy of Final Cut. That's the most powerful video-editing application created by Apple. It's one used by movie studios and television production companies. HABOTN videos are going to get more plush, but it'll take me a while to learn Final Cut's complexities.
WHAT DO YOU LIKE AND DISLIKE ABOUT BLOG VIDEOS?
I started producing videos last summer with the goal being simple: Get footage out there. I just wanted them to work. I've got that down. Are there other features/elements you'd like to see in the videos?