Early practice notes, 8/10
- Auburn is in full pads today.
- Morgan Hull took his turn at placekicker today. He connected on six of his eight kicks. Distances extended to 40 yards.
- Hull and Wes Byrum trade days. Byrum kicked yesterday. He won't kick today.
- Assistant coach Jay Boulware after a sluggish opening to a punt-block drill: ``What is this? A pillow fight?"
- Gene Chizik was notably hands-on during the punting drills. He had plenty to say after every snap.
- Injury brigade includes: S T'Sharvan Bell, S Mike McNeil, OL Bart Eddins, DE Dee Ford and WR Tim Hawthorne ... though he was helping with practice.
Mario Fannin is a very strong young man. Click to enlarge.
Jeff Grimes talks with his players.
Ted Roof is a hands-on defensive coordinator. He gets into every drill.
Here's Emory Blake (foreground) and DeAngelo Benton looking the ball in and tucking it away ... as instructed by a vivacious Trooper Taylor.
Ryan Pugh getting ready for work.
DeAngelo Benton quenched his thirst ... for a moment or two.