Late updates, 9/29
Still, no video tonight. I know you're heartbroken.
As a gesture of atonement, however, here is a detailed account what players discussed today.
- Onterio McCalebb officially is in the punt return mix. ``I’ve been snagging a few of them. It’s been going pretty well. I’ve been doing it for a little while."
- A while? Why haven't you been fielding punts in games? ``They wouldn’t put me back there because I was doing a whole bunch of other stuff."
- McCalebb confirmed that PPL (aka Philip Pierre-Louis) also has been fielding punts this week.
- DE Hot Carter revealed tonight that he had surgery on his right knee April 7. It was to re-attach (or "anchor") the meniscus back to the bone. ``The recovery is longer than a regular meniscus tear, with mine being anchored back down instead of getting cleaned out. You got to give the anchors time to heal. They're deep down in there now."
- DE Antonio Coleman still is wearing a brace on his right wrist. He doesn't like wearing it in games. ``I'm down on the line. I've got to have my hands. I've got to shoot my hands. I've got to get off blocks. I'm still adjusting to it. I'm messing with the trainers every day, but it's for my own safety and I respect that."
- Coleman on surrendering so many points to Ball State: ``It doesn't sit with me... at all. We're a much better defense than that. To give up 30 points to Ball State? That's just bad."
- Craig Stevens on Auburn's defense being ranked 69th in points allowed: ``I think we're a lot better than that. Rankings don't mean anything, it's just going out there and stopping the other team whenever you get out there. I don't really buy into that stuff."
- Due to "safety concerns," Tennessee officials apparently will not allow Auburn to hold its traditional Tiger Walk prior to Saturday's game.