Media Days: LSU
The coach is Les Miles.
- He has arrived.
- "Some things, we need to fix and put in the right perspective. We're working toward making real quality adjustments on our team."
- "We're a better offense. We're stronger; we can run the ball better."
- "I think we'll be a team that has a very talented, young group of me in there with some veterans that comes together quickly and plays one of the most ambitious schedules." (They're playing North Carolina and West Virginia out of conference.)
- (Jabbering about his team. Too technical.)
- On if this is an Alabama-Florida league: ``I don't have anxiety about that. My want is to prepare my team."
- He likes his 2011 recruiting class. Shocking.
- On Ken Adams, the former Auburn signee from Enterprise: ``He showed a toughness and an athleticism. He runs very fast, long arms. He's a very, very good defensive end. We expect him to play virtually every game if not start in most."
- On not messing up games from the sideline: ``I scrutinize the coaching, me and others. In some of those situations, I was prepared for them but ... not the time constraints."
- They're going to spend far more practice time this season perfecting their two-minute offense and clock-management stuff. "It's not just lip service; we really have changed."
- On the oil spill: ``I hope the cap stays on. The people of Louisiana -- they handle it by being strong, standing tall, working hard. This is just another example of that. I hope that our government, and the powers that be, give us the power to affect the people. Just to help the people. If they do that, I think they'll be fine."
- Great question: "Comment on the Western Division, the SEC, from Alabama all the way on down to the Mississippi schools."
- Thanks, guys. See ya."
- That's a wrap.