EARLY player comments
- CB Walt McFadden on his injured knee (not an ankle): ``I'm going to get it cleared up by Wednesday hopefully. I'm trying to run on my own, trying to do a couple of things, but I really don't know what's going to happen."
- McFadden on his teammates mobbing him after making the interception that injured his knee: ``Zac Etheridge, he was hitting me all in the head, saying 'Good interception, good interception.' I was screaming on the ground and he was jumping all over me. I was telling him: 'Back up, back up.' He basically told me to get off the ground -- Don't let them see you hurt. I appreciate everything he had done because I was fixing to lay on that ground awhile."
- OL Ryan Pugh on reasons for Arkansas problems: ``We can make up all the excuses in the world, we just didn't come out and play very well. We didn't prepare ourselves mentally and physically in the week. The coaches gave us a good game plan. We just went out and didn't execute the things that we've been executing all the year."
- On why that happened: ``A lack of focus. I think we let our focus slip a little bit during the week, and we didn't come out and play as good as we wanted to."
- OL Mike Berry on preparations this week: ``I think the mood's been good. The loss was definitely a shock for us, but like Coach Chizik said it can either be the best thing that could happen to us or the worst thing. I feel like it gave us a chance to refocus. I feel like we're preparing hard for Kentucky."
Photo credit: Todd Van Emst/Auburn University
Questions? Comments? Post directly to the blog below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.