First post: Wednesday of Week Seven
Same for Mario. He's always laughing and telling stories, though I'd never consider him gregarious. He's a behind-the-scenes joker.
We had some HOTTIES ask in a previous thread about why Ted Roof doesn't blitz very often. I'll have a story in tomorrow's edition about that. For now, I'll ask you: Who do you want blitzing? Bynes and Craig Stevens play every snap of every game as it is. They're not ideal blitz candidates.
The cornerbacks, as we saw last week, need support from the safeties. So safeties will be used only sparingly as blitzers. Until those corners step up and show they can handle everything in man, Roof will have to play conservatively.
As Gene Chizik would say, that's just where they're at.
Here's the Auburn situation at this moment:
- 10/13: Our weekly AUBURN ADVISORY BOARD report (fans writing about their team.)
- 10/12: Auburn's Coleman looks for ways to contribute
- 10/11: ARKANSAS 44, AUBURN 23
- 10/9: Focus on offense's fast pace pays off
- 10/8: AU junior makes most out of first start
- 10/7: Small AU safety has big impact
- 10/6: Our weekly AUBURN ADVISORY BOARD report (fans writing about their team.)
- 10/5: Tigers vault into Top 25 polls
- 10/4: AUBURN 26, TENNESSEE 22
- 10/2: What Would Chizik Do? Rally his team around slogan
THE VIDEO VAULT
- 10/13: Tuesday interviews
- 10/6: Tuesday interviews
- 9/30: BONUS Wednesday interviews
- 9/27: Sunday interviews
I will not be attending practice today. I will, however, be doing a live chat at the UK Athletics website beginning at 1:30 p.m. CDT. I'll create a separate post to link you.
Here's what the next few days look like. All times are CDT:
Wed., Oct. 14, 4:30 p.m.
Thu., Oct. 15, 4:30 p.m. (Tiger Talk at 7 p.m.)
Fri., Oct. 16, OFF
Sat., Oct. 17, vs. Kentucky, 6:30 p.m. (ESPNU)
Sun., Oct. 18, 5 p.m.
Mon., Oct. 19, OFF
Tue., Oct. 20, 4:30 p.m. (Chizik presser at 11:30 a.m.; some players available around noon.)
Also, please pick up the Advertiser's print edition if you live around here! Our fine Auburn coverage is only one element of our award-winning product.