- Tuberville said he decided to make the change because of weak offensive production.
"It hurts. It hurts bad. It's a difficult situation, difficult thing to do in the middle of the season. My responsibility is to this football team and it always will be."
- Tuberville declined to say when he made the decision to fire Franklin. Asked if it was during the weekend, Tuberville termed that a "non question."
- Tuberville said there was no confrontation.
- Tuberville said he would make an announcement tomorrow about the team's short-term plan at offensive coordinator.
- Tuberville said Auburn still will be running the spread.
``Basically it comes down to production. We played four conference games and we just haven't done that well. I had to look at it, it had nothing to do with X's and O's, he's a heck of a football coach. It was about getting it done on the practice field and to the game field, we're all responsible to that."
- Tuberville said Steve Ensminger was coaching quarterbacks today.
- Tuberville said he's not worried about the effect this could have on recruits.
"Players don't come for any other reason -- they come to school to where they're committed to. Of course, we'll have to go out and talk with all the players and visit with them but I see no problem there."
FULL VIDEO NOW AVAILABLE.